Thursday, December 20, 2007

Depression

It can hit slow or fast and comes out of nowhere. I still have bouts of depression, but they are not as deep as they were before I started taking Effexor. When I took Wellbutrin, I was barely okay, but my problem with that was my anger. I was like a walking bomb. Almost anything could set me off and I would go angry-blind. It was truly horrible for my husband. He could do nothing but watch and stand back. Touching me made me worse. So I finally switched to Effexor.

Over the past 4 years, I have found that I feel better than the first year I took it. Several of my major fears are much smaller. I had a horrible fear of heights, bordering on vertigo at times. But now I can climb a ladder up two stories, not without caution, but without that intense fear.

I wish I did not have to take anything at all, but if I have to until my dying day, I will. Without the antidepressant, I am depressed, I look terrible, I don't take care of myself, I dress like a slob. No thanks. Not anymore.

Where would I be now if I had not started taking an antidepressant? Dead. Long ago I would have taken my own life while in a hell-deep depression. I would have missed a lot of good things, plus I would have made the Predator very happy and I do not want to make him happy. I'm stickin' around as long as the body is able.

0 Comments: